As you know, we’re joining other local ukulele circles to celebrate World Ukulele Day on Thursday, February 2 6:30-8:30 at Newcap Radio Stage, West Edmonton Mall.
How You Can Help
We need Event Volunteers on the day (February 2) and Advance Volunteers beforehand. Time commitments range from tiny to a few hours! Read on for more information.
ADVANCE VOLUNTEERS Varying commitments, a few hours max
- Poster placement – by January 15, as little or as much as you’d like to do
- Take posters (We provide the posters to you) to your local school, church, community hall, coffee shop, posterboard, or music store and ask permission to post them
- Handout printing and prep – 3 or 4 people
- will need a couple of meetings and some quality paperclipping time
- Media relations/PR – we need one pro or experienced volunteer with an active, up-to-date community music event media list.
- we will provide the media package, you provide the distribution.
- Facebook heroes – share and post about the upcoming event!
ON THE DAY: EVENT VOLUNTEERS Thursday, February 2, 2017. One day only, four hour commitment max including the event
- Chair & table setup/cleanup Able to lift a little. Anyone can volunteer. We need you and love you and want you to volunteer for this.
- An hour or less before and after the event. More volunteers, less work!
- Table leaders – 10-15 confident uke players (3mo or more experience) with both books. You don’t have to be perfect, but you should be comfortable helping others and know common chords. We need enough leaders to make sure drop-in and new players can all get help if they need it.
- 15 minutes early, plus the full event. You can still play!
- Play through all the songs in advance of the event, at least. We’ll be rehearsing them at the Circle.
- Sit at a player table and welcome others. Ensure everyone at your table can see a book and understands what is going on. Make resources available to your table such as song sheets and other handouts. Return unused items to main table afterwards.
- Runners – anyone can volunteer. We only need one or two.
- 15 minutes early, plus the full event. (can share half and half with another volunteer) You can still play!
- Might not have to do anything, might have to run errands, might just have to take papers to a table or song sheets to singers
- Welcome committee – anyone can volunteer. We only need a couple.
- 15 minutes early, plus the full event.You can still play!
- Oversee welcome table and resource materials, guide and welcome drop-ins, supply table leaders with material if needed, dispatch runners.
- A/V volunteers – 1 or 2, unless we already have someone! Experienced A/V people only, please.
We will have a signup sheet at the Cafe Blackbird circle on Monday, January 9, or you can volunteer right here.
You can have more than one role if you like, or volunteer both in advance and on the day, or click everything and get a random assignment. Thank you!